- Mother alleges discrimination over lack of autopsy for HIV-positive sonPosted 24 hours ago
- No Glee for One Million MumsPosted 24 hours ago
- Ellen addresses marriage rumoursPosted 24 hours ago
- ‘Tis the season for a DWV Christmas classicPosted 1 day ago
- Straight male German celebrities kiss for LGBTI acceptancePosted 1 day ago
- Human Rights Week: Ihar in BelarusPosted 1 day ago
- Peace be with usPosted 1 day ago
- Dolly Parton: “I’m Miley’s fairy godmother”Posted 1 day ago
- Labor clarifies position on marriage referendumPosted 1 day ago
- Darwin Outgames calls for volunteersPosted 1 day ago
Daniel Radcliffe denies Freddie rumours
Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe has denied rumours that he will be taking on the role of Freddie Mercury in a film about the the life of the band Queen’s frontman.
“Everyone on the internet who I presume is saying I’m totally wrong for that part is correct,” he said. “I am completely wrong for that part!” Radcliffee spoke out in an interview with Empire, confirming that there was absolutely “no truth” to the rumour.
He continued the interview by having a dig at some gossip journalists: “When somebody has column inches to fill, they just sub in one of our names,” in reference to names being dropped for alleged movie rolls.
Borat actor Sacha Baron Cohen was previously attached to the Freddie Mercury project, but allegedly pulled out after remaining Queen members Bryan May and Roger Taylor thought he would make the film too ‘funny’.
We will soon see Radcliffe in the new film ‘Kill Your Darlings’, where he plays gay poet Allen Ginsberg.
Enjoy the trailer: