- Hey Tropfest! Us trans* are not fodder for award winning sexual manipulation “satire”Posted 22 hours ago
- Twenty10′s new boss is ParadisePosted 23 hours ago
- Reynolds to lead National LGBTI Health AlliancePosted 23 hours ago
- Proposed marriage referendum dismissed days after Croatia’sPosted 2 days ago
- Aussie Actor Harry Cook “I’m Gay”Posted 2 days ago
- My terror of crossing Oxford St at Mardi GrasPosted 2 days ago
- Audiences bamboozled by transphobic Tropfest winnerPosted 2 days ago
- Donate to Community Brave to help combat teen bullying and homophobiaPosted 2 days ago
- BootCo Industriel TinselPosted 2 days ago
- Midsumma LaunchPosted 2 days ago
Captain Jack speaks out on homophobia
John Barrowman (Torchwood/Arrow) has used his time whilst speaking at DragonCon 2013 to further promote same-sex equality after being asked by an audience member what it felt like to finally get married.
Barrowman married his partner Scott Gill in California earlier this year after the pair previously entered into a civil partnership in the UK in 2006.
“We’ve been together for 20-odd years,” Barrowman told the DragonCon audience. “When we were married in our eyes, is when we signed papers for our first mortgage.”
Later he spoke out about a man who told him that he was a recovered gay man. before criticising those who believe that being gay is a choice: “I live it. I didn’t decide one morning to get up and go, ‘I’m going to have coffee, eggs, bacon and I’m going to be gay.”‘
Enjoy the video of the event below: